Use the following steps to run Tuxemon on Windows from the prebuilt binary:
Note: The binary package may be outdated. For the most recent build, use the source instructions.
1. Download the prebuild Windows package here.
2. Extract the archive to a folder.
3. Execute "tuxemon.exe" to launch Tuxemon.
Use the following steps to run Tuxemon on Windows from source:
1. Download and install Python 2.7 here.
2. Download and install Pygame here.
3. Download and install the Python Imaging Library here.
4. Download "get-pip.py" here and save it to your Python installation directory (Default: C:\Python27). You may need to go to "File"-> "Save Page" in your browser to save the file.
5. Install pip by opening up a command prompt by going to Start-> Run and typing in "cmd". Then run the following commands:
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install pytmx
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install netifaces
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install six
C:\Python27\Scripts\pip.exe install neteria
6. Download the latest development version of Tuxemon here and extract the archive to a folder.
7. Double-click on "tuxemon.py" to launch Tuxemon.